Managers, at both tournaments this month, upon checking in at the table, you will receive 6 new balls. These are yours to keep. There are some stipulations:
- Put your name on each ball.
- You are responsible for retrieving all home runs and foul balls when you are hitting.
- When you hit a HR or foul, you immediately throw out another ball from your dugout (only the properly marked ball can be put in play).
- If you need additional balls, you can buy them at the check-in table for $5 each.
- Do not tell us you only have enough players to play. Get someone from your team (wife, son, grandson, friend) to chase the balls for you.
This past weekend, the Board decided to go to 1-pitch based on the oncoming weather. This decision was made on Thursday. The bad weather came in at 2pm on Saturday, and 1:30pm on Sunday, right after the last games were over. It was the right thing to do. You have heard me say many times that we are concerned with everyone that plays, and not just a few teams. Unfortunately, some of you do not feel that way. That does not even make sense to me. Someone said, this past weekend that we should never go to 1-pitch unless it starts raining. If we did that, many of our afternoon games would be washed out. We really do a lot of research before we make that decision.
Good luck, and hopefully, good weather.